2020 SPRING SEASON UPDATE!
Hub City Soccer Club Players/Families,
We are all obviously aware of the public health situation that is changing daily. We are constantly monitoring this situation, and below is the most up to date information:
- Hub City Soccer Club had already suspended all current activities in accordance with both US Youth Soccer, South Dakota Soccer, and State & Local guidelines. This was done approximately 10 days ago, and that suspension of activities currently ran through April 15th. We have had continued conversations with State and Local Authorities, and that suspension of all activities has been extended through May 3rd. All Aberdeen Parks and Recreational Facilities are closed until this date…including the Soccer Complex, so this suspension of activities includes practices & training sessions.
- Obviously, our Spring outdoor recreational season was tentatively scheduled to begin April 20th. Our Spring/Summer outdoor competitive season was tentatively scheduled to start mid-April also. Those start dates will be adjusted to begin after this May 3rd date.
- If you have already registered for the Spring Recreational season, that is all good. If you have not yet registered, we are adjusting the registration dates, and moving the deadline to register back to later in April. Please continue to register for the Spring season as we are planning and hoping to get back on the field as soon as we can. We will put a new timeline out there for registration deadlines, practices, games as soon as we have that information available, but well in advance of those things happening.
- If, for any reason, this health concern forces us to cancel the season (and obviously everything changes daily on this), we will issue full refunds to all registered players/families.
- Also, we are aware that people are being personally and financially impacted by this public health situation. This is not a new policy, but it is worth reminding people that no player will ever be denied the ability to play in our recreational leagues due to an inability to pay the registration fee. If you need assistance with this, please contact the soccer office.
To summarize, we work very closely with the City of Aberdeen, the Parks & Rec Department, and State and National soccer organizations. We will continue to follow all guidance and recommendations from those entities, and we will make adjustments to our programming & scheduling as needed to insure the health and safety of our players and families. We will continue to send out updated information as things develop. If you have any questions about any of this, please do not hesitate to contact the soccer office.
Hub City Soccer Club