Registration for Winter training sessions still open
Hub City Soccer Club is pleased to announce a new program for this upcoming winter. The program is called Winter of Excellence Training Academy. This program is designed to develop and maintain our players technical skill level (how they manipulate a soccer ball) as well as provide the players with a better tactical knowledge of the game of soccer.
The program is set up for our U-10 age group players through our U-18 age group. The Winter Academy will start the trainings on Monday, November 14th. The trainings will take a break from November 23rd-27th for Thanksgiving and December 23rd-January 14th for Christmas and New Years. The Academy will conclude on February 24th. Please see the training schedule below for details on age groups, training times and locations.
Players are not required to be at every training session but are encouraged to be at as many as possible. The Winter of Excellence Training Academy is designed to provide the players who may be playing other sports an opportunity to still be a part of the Academy. Hub City Soccer Club certainly encourages its players to take part in other sports for a number of reasons but particularly for multi-lateral development of the player.
Some players will also have the opportunity to take part in indoor tournaments around the state. This is solely based upon coach and parent availability to take players to an indoor event. There also would be additional cost for those players for tournament entry fees.
Players participating in the Winter of Excellence Academy will need to be dressed in appropriate gym clothing. Tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes will be required, as we will be training on gym floors. Shin guards will also be required.
Hub City Soccer Club is truly excited about this new program for player development.. Please contact Steve Cogley with any questions.
Winter of Excellence Training Academy Schedule (PDF Version)
- 10’s: Tuesday’s 5:30 – 6:30 pm, OM Tiffany
- 11-12: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6:45 – 8:00 pm, Simmons Jr. High Gym 1
- 13-14: Tuesday & Thursdays, 5:30-7:00 pm, Lincoln Elementary
- 15-16: Mondays 6:45 – 8:00 pm, Simmons Jr High Gym 1, Sundays 5:00 – 7:00 pm, Strode Center
- 17’s: Tuesdays 8:00 – 9:30 pm, Simmons Jr. High Gym 1, Sundays 5:00 – 7:00 pm, Strode Center
- 10’s: Mondays 5:30 – 6:30 pm, OM Tiffany
- 11-12: Tuesday & Thursdays, 6:45 – 8:00 pm, Simmons Jr High Gym 2
- 13-14: Mondays 6:45 – 8:00 pm, Simmons Jr High Gym 2, Thursdays 5:30 – 7:00 pm, OM Tiffany
- 15-18: Tuesdays 8:00 – 9:30 pm, Simmons Jr. High Gym 2, Sundays 7:00 – 9:00 pm, Strode Center